Monday, January 30, 2012

Time for the mens

My first two posts were about women's fashion. But I found something in menswear so awful it had to be posted. It's menswear by John Galiano. Galiano is known for his out-there haute couture. Somehow being way out there seems less egregious in women's wear. Maybe it's just because I am more used to out-there women's fashion. Let me post the pic and then I will discuss.




Is it just me or does this look like Canadian Mountie go bad? I see this and immediately Dudley Do Right comes to mind. 

Then upon further inspection I notice the hat is something out of a bad old cowboy movie. It's the type of hat they always put on the old toothless American Indian. Usually he was also drunk. So the hat does not bring to mind a positive image for me.

Then there are the colors. The colors. Red, purple, green, and black. It's not good. Not good at all. 

For those of you unfamiliar with the work of Galiano, here is a sample. And yes, he's the man in black in the center of the photo.



Comments always appreciated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's like Johnny Depp Does Dudley Do-Right.

I'm not a fan.