Thursday, February 02, 2012

Submitted by a friend

A friend sent me this picture and thought it would be a good addition to the blog. At first glance I saw an OK - if not for me - sweater. Then I noticed the pants. Jeans? Pants? What the hell would you call them? I'm pretty sure my 69 year old mother wears pants like this, not a young fashion forward woman. These pants are a blight on fashion.


Head to waist - high waist - she's OK. Bangles work. I don't like the necklace, but it fits with the sweater and the bangles.

Then we get to the waistband of those pants. Clearly elastic with what looks like it may be a fake fly area.

Then let's talk about the color.  Stone washed comes to mind. As does the JC Penney collection in 1999.

Lastly, they look almost like a sheeting fabric. Or those bad nylon sweat pants that old married couples wear. Either way they are clearly a very light fabric. Luckily that probably means that they will wear out quickly and have to be thrown out. With any luck after two washings they are in the trash. Or even better - they are never purchased and never worn.

See something on Pinterest you think is blog-worthy? Feel free to send it to me. I welcome all ugly fashion for comment.


No comments: